As previously mentioned, I have a new project. The “Quality CD Tower”:
The current plan:
- Glue the two pieces together, and find an appropriate base.
- Spray with Rough-Coat.
- Affix some Imperial Buttresses and other accoutrements.
- Add a level of battle damage
- Repair battle damage with Ork Tek (welded plates, painted with glyphs and Klan Symbols). Corrugated cardboard makes good metal sheets, and lolly sticks for wooden planks.
- I’ll then need to add some details/bitz/decoration. I’ve got a few barrels and crates in my bitz-box, and should be able to knock something together for a comms dish on top.
- Extra Credit: I’m considering turrets on the side, either just as gun-ports, or big enough to hold a model or two.
- Distinction/Project Two: A ruined version (either before the Orks repair it, or more likely after the Forces of Chaos (or Tyranids, depending upon which Army my friend plays next!) have bombarded it. I’ll be using GW’s Dreadstone Blight fantasy Tower as an inspiration for this.
There will be a Work-in-Progress report on the project as it unfolds, but it may take a while to fit it into my schedule.